Cookies are strings of text sent from a Web server (e.g. our site) to the user’s Internet browser which are stored automatically by the latter on the user’s computer and resent automatically to the server whenever needed or the next time the site is accessed. By default, nearly all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
Cookies are generally divided into 2 categories:
- Technical cookies: these are cookies needed for the site to function properly and store the personalized settings made by the user during navigation.
- Profile cookies: these are cookies that track the user’s browsing within the site in order to determine a “profile type” to provide targeted services. In particular, these cookies are used for creating tailor-made ads.
Technical cookies used on the Misura.com site
- Session cookies: these cookies are stored on the user’s computer for merely technical-functional needs, for transmitting a session identifier to allow safe and efficient browsing of the site; they are deleted at the end of the “session” (hence the name) when the browser is closed. This type of cookie avoids recourse to other information techniques that are potentially harmful for the user’s browsing confidentiality. For example, using this type of cookie, the server remembers the username and passwords of the site’s registered users.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain stored on the computer’s hard drive until their expiration or cancellation by the users/visitors. Through persistent cookies, visitors that access the site (or any other users that use the same computer) are automatically recognized at every visit. Persistent cookies satisfy many functions in the interest of browsers (like for example the use of the browsing language or the registration of the shopping cart and online purchases). The Colussi.net does not use this type of cookie for promotional purposes.
These 2 types of cookies (session and persistent) may in turn be of 2 types:
- “first party” when they are managed directly by the website owner and/or administrator
- “third-party” when the cookies are prepared and managed by parties extraneous to the website visited by the user.
Third-party profiling cookies used on the Misura.com site
Misura.com allows Analytics and Widget type of third-party cookies. They fall under the direct and exclusive liability of the administrators.
Analytics: these are cookies used for collecting and analyzing statistical information on access/visits to the website. In some cases, associated with other information such as the credentials used for accessing reserved areas (your email address and password), they may be used for profiling the user.
Widget: all components of user graphic interfaces of the program fall within this category that has the purpose of facilitating the user’s interaction with the program itself. Misura.com uses Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr cookies. Further information on privacy and the use of widgets is available directly on the sites of the respective administrators.
Current browsers allow the total or selective disabling of cookies, and some browsers (for example Firefox or Chrome) also allow individual browsing sessions in “anonymous” mode, in effect disabling the cookies.
For more information, please see the individual browser user guides.